Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grandma surgery, packing for Ne, 14 wk highlights

I have no idea where time goes. I know I find myself saying this all the time, but seriously I can't believe how fast the past 3 1/2 months have gone.

Monday was a whirlwind of getting things done and dealing with a headache that still comes and goes.

Tuesday we went out for breakfast, then to American, where we picked out our new bed (to replace the valley that A sleeps in now) and we also picked out a queen. After going back and forth about this whole bed situation with them, we were able to get a replacement and nice queen size bed all for the price of our original king. Two points for the Carriker's! I ran to Target to pick up some last minute things for the trip, while A got his haircut. The afternoon and evening were full of baby time, cleaning, laundry, and packing for NE. It wasn't the best day, but I went to bed happy and am so ready to get on the plane and go back to Nebraska.

Grandma had surgery on Tuesday to remove the cancer from her mouth. After 8 hrs, they finally wheeled her into recovery. Her pace maker was giving them trouble during the surgery, so a heart dr had to come in and they put a pace maker on the outside. Which means that she'll have to have a new one put in at a later date. My dad called me later to say that she was doing great in recovery. Grandma was awake and responding really well. Carol and them were able to go see her and Carol said, "She looked good, especially in her eyes." I can't wait to see Grandma and have her meet her great-grandson. I really wish it was under better circumstances, but at least she gets to meet him. I know Grandma is a fighter and will do everything in her power to overcome all of this that has been placed in front of her.

Today (Wednesday) I woke up with a sore throat. I really felt it coming on yesterday, but was hoping and praying that it would pass. Unfortunately it's killing me; hopefully it just stays a sore throat and is gone soon. We are flying out this afternoon and will meet up with PJ & Shannon, along with a group of friends for dinner. I really can't wait to get on the plane and head to NE. I miss my family and friends so much and it's going to be great to see everybody. M & D are coming down Thursday night after my mom gets off work. Jr finally gets to meet Ty! Cass and I can't wait to have the boys meet; oh it's going to be so much fun! I'm really excited to see them and well to see everybody actually. Anyway, I better wrap this up and make sure I'm ready to go before Jr is up and ready to go. Here we come Husker Nation!

14 wk highlights:
- Jr was asked to be ring bear in Jenna & Jason's wedding! He's going to be so cute and is definitely going to be a hit with all the girls. (He was technically asked when he was 13 wks, but I forgot to add it to the 13 wk highlight).
- Jr stayed with a babysitter for 7 hrs at our house, while we went to the dr and out to eat. He did wonderful the whole day for her. Shannon will be coming every Wednesday afternoon to babysit for us, while we do a date afternoon.
-He continues to sleep 9-8 every night.
-Is one of the happiest babies ever! Laughs and talks nonstop, especially at night. Loves to flash the biggest toothless smile I've ever seen. He absolutely loves when you sit and talk to him. I was talking to PJ on the phone the other night and Jr decided he wanted to talk to, so the whole time I was talking to PJ, Jr was talking in the background. PJ thought it was great and couldn't believe how much he talks. We've been truly blessed with such a wonderful and happy baby and one that really brings joy to our heart each and every day.
-Eats a tablespoon of baby food at each feeding, along with 8-11 oz of breastmilk. He seems to enjoy the baby food, but still prefers his bottle. Since starting the baby food we've not had a bottomless pit night (thank goodness)!
-Started eating carrots this wk. He seems to enjoy them, maybe even more than the sweet potatoes.
-Has recently discovered how fun it is to chew on his tongue. He's really starting to move it around all the time and chew on it. He can even curl it down the middle!
-Said "Ya!" It was so neat because A was talking to him and said, "That's because you're a Carriker," and Jr replied, "Ya!" Okay, so he doesn't know what he's saying, but it was soo cool and made Mommy and Daddy's day!
- Jr found out he is going to have a little cousin between May 28th-June 1st. Jeff and Angie are expecting a little blessing. I love watching all of our family grow!

"May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice."- Proverbs 23:25

No comments: