Thursday, April 14, 2011

We made 36.5 weeks!!!



Our precious gift from God!

We made our goal of 36 weeks! In fact we’ve made it past when I had Jr (he was born at 36 wks 2 days). The dr visit went well yesterday; I’m slowly progressing (3 cm & 75%). Although these numbers really mean nothing in the end. Baby looks good on the ultrasound; however I’ve noted a decrease in activity so now I have to go in twice a week for an u/s so they can monitor the baby. I’m officially allowed to do whatever I wish and see what happens!

A little Q&A:
How far along? 36 wks 4 days!
Total weight gain/loss: +18 lbs.
Baby size: 6.5 lbs and more than 18 1/2 in (this is just an estimate).
Maternity clothes? Of course!
Stretch marks? Two little ones:( I call them my “battle wounds!”
Sleep: What I miss!!! I only sleep for a couple hours at night and find myself waking up more and more frequently. I think mother nature is just preparing me for what’s about to come.
Best moments this week: Making to 36 wks, since that was our goal and of course going off bed rest! It’s been so nice to pick the Tike up, go for the family walks, and just not have to worry about being on my feet and picking up things.
Movement: Here and there. NBC gets the hiccups a lot, so that's always fun watching/feeling my belly move. NBC is always most active at night.
Food cravings: Probably just candy.
Labor Signs: Yes. Now that we've made it past 36 wks, I can go off my meds to stop the contractions, do what I wish and let mother nature take over.
Belly Button in or out? Still have an innie! As A would say, "It's still hanging on!"
What I miss: Being able to play with the Tike (without protecting my belly from the occasional kicking little feet), sleep, and sometimes my sanity (lol)!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing what this week has in store for us. Will we finally meet NBC or will we make it through another week? I can’t wait to meet NBC and just hold him/her in my hands.
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every single blessing in your life! Take advantage of having special time with Jr (just one on one time to read a book, play a game, and sometimes even cuddle).
Milestones: Making it to 36 weeks, which didn’t even look like a possibility a couple months ago! Going off bed rest!

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” -Philippians 2: 9-11

2 comments:

Kate said...

YYAAAAAYYY!!!! I'm so happy for you, what a goal to reach! I can only imagine how great it must feel to move and groove around the house again :) I'll bet Jr is elated as well! Those little US pics are just amazing - the changes are amazing and I'm sure it makes you all that more eager to see his/her little face IRL! "cast away all fears" and feel free to get excited, huh? :)

Jr is SO adorable. Your photos are truly wonderful and they seem to capture such a playful spirit in him! His bright smile is just captivating.

Angie said...

Hi Kate! It truly is great to "move and groove" around the house again. Jr loves the fact that I can actually pick him up:) Thanks for the kind words about Jr. He is truly an amazing lil person and brings light to everything/everybody he's around! Oh, I can't wait to meet NBC in person oh so soon!