Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No need to worry when you put it in God's hands! Praising the Lord for a great appointment!

Sunday's church service couldn't have been more fitting for me. The pastor talked about "WORRY!" To put the service into a nutshell explanation it comes down to this: hand it all over to God so you have no need to worry, because when it's in God's hands you have trusted that He is in control and will take care of your worries for you. God doesn't want us to worry. He says it in Matthew 6: 25-27, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" In verse 33 and 34 He goes on to tell us, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

There seems to be a trillion things on my plate right now to worry about, but I don't need to worry about them. But instead I pray for God to take these worries off my plate and know that He's in control and it is His will that is at work. During the service we were asked to fill out a paper with all our worries listed on it, at the end they were all collected and put in a big pile. We prayed over them and sang a worship song. The pastor then said, you have to leave without those worries on your plate, because you handed them over to God and you can't take them back! The song "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" keeps radiating through my head and it really brings me to my knees to say, "My chains are gone. My worries have been set free. I hand it all over to you God and now I am blessed with AMAZING GRACE!"



Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed 
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

My chains are gone

I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow

The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

I prayed to God that He would take my worry away when it came to NBC's health. I've truly been at peace with the heart situation, and now I was asking for more peace when it came to NBC's growth. God has given me the peace and grace to push through all these obstacles and will continue to as long as I hand it all over to Him.


I couldn't help but praise the Lord yesterday as we walked out of the hospital! FINALLY a good dr visit!

Although we weren't thrilled about having to go back down to Denver for another appointment we were excited when the wand hit my tummy and NBC was starring right at us! The tech was super excited as NBC was just looking around and she too (just like the other tech said) this rarely happens. She took a lot of measurements of the head, heart, abdomen, arms, legs, etc. so we could get an accurate weight for baby and to make sure he/she is growing good. NBC weighs 5 lb 6 oz and as the dr informed us later, baby looks to be doing great and she isn't concerned at all with the abdomen size. She thinks the tech was thrown off last week because NBC's head is measuring big, but she doesn't see anything that we should be alarmed about. So not only did we get news about baby growing great, but when we asked the dr about the heart, she told us it's a "Suspected coarctation." That was a surprise to us, because they had told us that baby had a coarc, now it's just suspected coarc,  so to hear that it may not be there was amazing news to us. They of course will do an echo when baby is born and then we'll know for sure what's going on with NBC's heart! We couldn't help but give thanks to the Lord as the dr told us everything! I go in Thursday to my reg dr for another checkup.

This next week or two could be interesting as baby has dropped and I now have a lot pressure. It's getting close!

Here are a couple pics of our little one:






































NBC's blanket from Grandma C!































"...Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."- Malachi 3:10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Look at those open eyes! I've never seen that before. What is NBC thinking about inside there?

Angie, you look so great! You've got that pregnancy glow.

"Suspected Coarc"??? I love it! We'll probably find out in heaven that the exact moment that you handed over your worries in Church was the time that NBC heart started to heal. Could happen. :-)

Hugs and prayers from your buddies in Maryland!