Friday, April 8, 2011

Time for mother nature to take over!!!

After a successful 6+ weeks on bed rest, I finally get to let mother nature take over!

Yesterday I had another ultrasound and regular appt. During the ultrasound the little guy/gal was all tuckered out. Maybe that's because he/she likes to dance around in the evening and at night and of course sleep during the day! Despite the baby sleeping most of the ultrasound, everything looks great. The dr then checked me and said I was -2 (baby's head is nestled nice and low), 2 cm dilated, and am 50% effaced. The best news is that I get to go off bed rest this weekend and let mother nature take over! I did this when I turned 36 weeks with Jr. I strongly feel we should only intervene so much with mother nature.

I was reading through my blog when I was pregnant with Jr and was getting close to having him. It was interesting because I had an ultrasound done around the same time as NBC and can't believe how similar they were at the same gestation.

Jr at 34 weeks 2 days: 5 lb 15 oz, 132 bpm
NBC at 34 weeks 3 days: 5 lb 13 oz, 135 bpm

So here's to seeing what happens these next couple days/weeks! I'm so thankful we've made it this far!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28

2 comments:

Kate said...

YAY! Congrats, you survived and NBC THRIVED with the bedrest! And now on to better things, like MEETING NBC!!!! Now we'll see what your body feels like doing :)

Praying for a good labor for you, whenever it happens. I love the family pics you've posted - you look beautiful! Hang in there, almost done ;-p

Unknown said...

I'm SO excited for you! Way to go on 6 weeks of bed rest. A big sacrifice but SO worth it. Glad NBC got to cook so much inside of Mommy's comfy tummy instead of under the NICU lights!

Praying and so excited for you!