Thursday, June 3, 2010

OLIVIA ANNE & 44 week highlights!


OLIVIA ANNE McBRIDE
June 2, 2010
8 lbs 13 oz 21.5 in

I have another cousin (she makes 7)! Olivia arrived yesterday afternoon and everyone is doing great. I can't wait to meet her in less than 2 weeks. Although Mommy keeps telling me I can't get to close, since I'm kind of rowdy and she's so precious and little. I keep telling Mommy, that Jenna and I will just show her how to be a toddler!

It's been another crazy week (hints why its Thursday and I'm trying to squeeze in time for another weeks blog). I'm literally growing by the minute Mommy says and am doing something new every time she turns around (also what she says all the time too).

44 week highlights:
-I've become quite the expert when it comes to putting things into a container. I love to put my toys in it and then take them out.

-I greet my Mommy every morning standing bright eyed waiting for her to come get me. I started occasionally doing this about two weeks ago, but now do it almost every time I get up in the morning and from each of my naps.

-It seems like every week I really cling onto a certain sign and do it all the time, this week it's been dog. I will be playing, walking around, riding in my car seat and then all of a sudden I think about Rambo and just start signing "dog."

-I not only sign dog almost all day long, but I also try to say what sounds like "Dog" too.

-My new recent trick I like to do is, climbing up onto my toys to get to another toy. Such as climbing on my Cars push toy to get to my table.

-I can climb all the stairs up to our loft with no help from M/D. I absolutely love climbing stairs and do this a couple times a day (I'd probably do it more, but Mommy usually whisks me away before I can get there).

-Not only can I climb all the stairs now, but I can also stand on my own for about 3-5 seconds. Each day I get a little more stable and when I realize I'm standing all by myself, my face lights up with pure joy and a since of accomplishment. It's soooo cool what can I say!

-Speaking of climbing, the instance I'm "loose" I climb the closest thing in sight. As soon as I climb whatever is in sight, I take off cruising. I now climb walls, the patio door, Mommy, the dishwasher, frig, etc.

-I love to climb, but even more I love to push my lion around. Mommy doesn't even have to get out any toys anymore because all I want to do is push my lion around the apartment.

-I've mastered being able to push my lion and my cars push toys at the same time. I also like to push my play table around too. Pretty much if I can push it in any way, I will!

-Mary, my new babysitter, came over and sat with me for a whole afternoon while M&D had some "alone" time. I broke her in pretty well and we had a blast playing and napping all afternoon.

-I started my new Little Gym this week. I'm the youngest in the class (10m-19m), but am definitely interested with all the other little toddlers running around.

-After staring at the seat for over 10 months and kicking the seat, Mommy flipped my car seat.

-Mommy got a new car (an Acadia) and I got a new car seat. Her new ride has some DVD players in it, which I even got to try out the other day. I really enjoyed watching my movie, but wasn't crazy about the headphones. Luckily now Mommy has figured out the surround sound, so I don't have to wear any headphones. My old car seat is going to my buddy Tyler Helming!

-Slowly put surely I'm learning to take steps. I can take 2 steps on my own when walking between M&D.

-Only one bottle to go! I'm down to sippy cups all day long and only take a bottle right before bed.

-Not only am I kicking the bottle, but I'm also kicking the warm milk. Mommy doesn't heat up the milk for me anymore except for my night bottle. I've actually done fairly well with this adjustment.

-Mommy's been giving me more snacks throughout the day, since I seem to be super hungry all the time. Mommy thinks it helped me being happier and helping nap great.

-I've been taking great naps these past couple months. I take anywhere from hour to two hour twice a day. I sleep about 10-11 hours at night.

-I love to go out to eat with M&D do great the whole time.

-Mommy met a distance relative on Facebook and he provided me with a whole history on Mommy's side.

-Celebrated my first Memorial Day weekend by relaxing weekend with M&D. We went to the park right across from our apartments and went to the pool in our apartment complex.

-For whatever reason, I've been spitting up a little more than usually. I never used to spit up at all, but now I seem to spit up some mornings while playing.

-I went swimming with M&D for the first time in our complex pool and loved it!


"Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him."- Psalm 127:3

No comments: