Thursday, June 10, 2010

Taking Steps, A New Cousin, & 45 wk highlights

This past week has been a very big week for me........I'm taking steps! Mommy has been working with me a lot and I finally have enough courage to take about 5-10 steps on my own. I've completely mastered the Frankenstein walk and M&D think it's so much fun to watch me waddle along with my arms stretched as wide as they can go. Nonetheless, I get more daring each day and it won't be long before I'm off on two feet running away from Mommy (I wonder if she'll laugh then)!

45 week highlights:

-I'm taking steps all by myself! I can take about 5-10 steps and have even done some side stepping too. Mommy likes to push the lion way out in front of me so I have to walk to get it; of which I always do and will even stop and stand for a few seconds while getting there. M&D love seeing my face light up whenever I take off. Let's just say there's pure JOY and ACCOMPLISHMENT written all over MY face, but THEIRS as well!

-I have a new cousin! Olivia Anne arrived Wednesday, June 2nd. I get to meet her in less than a week and can't wait! Of course I'll probably just end up playing with Jenna, since I tend to be kind of rough on things; what can I say, I'm all boy!

-Kicked the bottle for good! I no longer take any sort of a bottle, just my sippy cup with milk and water all day. Mommy wasn't quite sure how taking my night bottle away would go, but I really had no problem giving up the bottle, it's the cold milk at night that I'm not a big fan of. So needless to say I still get my semi-warmed up milk right before bed.

-I'm getting my 4th tooth (front, top left)! My bottom, front two are growing like crazy. My front, top right one is completely cut through and the left one next to it is almost completely cut through too!

-I can do basic commands and signs! Example: Say dog Jacob= I then pat my leg. Arms up= I put my arms up. Same with clap, mouth, tongue, telephone, etc.

-I got my 3rd haircut! I did great, even when she used clippers on the back of my neck and despite the fact that the lady cutting my hair seemed to take her dandy time.

-Mommy started a new gym last week, so at least 4 days a week I'm going to Lifetime Daycare for an hour or so. Sometimes I do really well, other times I cry the instant Mommy leaves. The past couple days I've played so hard, I've fallen asleep right before Mommy comes to get me.

-I'm into everything and want to climb almost anything. I open drawers as I'm cruising along. I climb on my bigger toys to get to higher things. I will let go of something and take a few steps on my own to get to whatever it is I see and/or want.

-I love to do my words, books, and watch my dvd. I'm so focused when M&D are doing my words and cry the instant they put them away.

-I've even figured out how the flash cards work and try to pull out the tab and push it back all by myself.

-It seems every week I tend to do one sign over any other sign, this week it happens to be "More!" I sign it for more food, more tickles, more words, more play, etc.

-I can now sign "Telephone/hello!" Mommy cracks up every time, and I'm really not sure why because I'm just doing what she told me to do. Nonetheless, she really talks through her hand to me when we're signing/playing telephone.

-I'm a nonstop talker. M&D think it's so much fun to listen to me in the morning just chatter away in my crib.

-I'm still wearing some of my clothes that I wore when I was 6 months old, but am in primarily 12-18 month clothes right now. I'm really taking after my Daddy and starting to lengthen/stretch out; probably going to be long and lean.

-In my growing into a toddler stage, I decided I didn't like fruit (minus applesauce or some baby foods) for a couple days. But now I'm back to eating about everything.

-M&D always put me down wide awake (for both my naps and to go to sleep) and I'm not always ready to go to sleep, so I will walk around my crib, play with my fish tank, pretty much anything not to go to sleep. This can last anywhere from 10-45min. M&D find it very entertaining to watch me through their little camera! Reality TV at it's best!

“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”- Colossians 3:13

No comments: