Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time with Grandma and 40 wk highlights!

First off Happy Birthday to my Daddy! I wish Mommy and I could be there with him to celebrate with him, but we've already made a deal that we have to celebrate Daddy's bday and Mother's day the instant the whole family is together again. We sent Daddy a big birthday present full of many gifts! I can't wait to see my Daddy in a couple more days.

So I thought we were busy before, but nothing compares to the madness in this house now. I didn't get to see Daddy all this last week and Mommy flew out to see him over the weekend so they could find us a place to live, all while I stayed with Grandma. The packers came Monday and since then the craziness is just picking up day by day. Mommy and I (& Rambo) are headed out to VA next Monday to start our new lives out there. So before they pack the computer away, I better get to my highlights.

40 wk highlights:
-Spent 5 days with Grandma (McBride), while Mommy was out in VA with Daddy trying to find a place for us to live for the next two years. I did great for Grandma the whole time she was here! And M&D found us an apartment to live in for the next couple years.

-Grandma and I played on the trampoline, took walks around the house/court/lawn/everywhere, she pushed me in the swing, watched my video, played with the dog and had some great Grandma and Grandson time together!

-I've been sleeping and napping like a champ, despite the madness in the house. At least one solid 1-1.5 hr nap a day, plus a 30-45 min nap, and then sleeping 8-8! I usually wake up early, turn my fish tank on and then back to sleep I go. What can I say, I love the sound of water running!

-I can stand on my own for about 3 seconds. I rarely stand still, so it's kind of hard for me to practice standing. I would prefer to just take off running.

-Can eat really good with my fingers and if I pick it up, it usually (98%) of the time will make it to my mouth! And if I don't get it into my mouth I stare at my hands and highchair looking for where the food might have gone.

-I love to eat about any table food. I especially love bread and butter!

-Ate mashed potatoes and meatloaf for the first time. Loved em!

-I bit Mommy for the first time. I was gumming at her shoulder and then just latched on and bit it. She was not very happy with me and told me "No, no, no Jacob!"

-Speaking of "No, no, no Jacob!" I seem to hear that a lot lately, especially because I take off and crawl everywhere and get into almost everything.

-I no longer have an interest in my toys and would rather go crawl around and find house hold items as toys. Mommy (& Grandma) try to get me to play in the living with my toys, but I take off to the other rooms the instant I'm put down. I especially love to crawl to the window and grab the cords, Rambo's dishes and toys, my high chair (pushing it back and forth), and the vents on the floor (of which I love to pound on).

-My two bottom front teeth are growing like crazy and you can really seem them now.

-I've been chewing especially on the right side of my mouth because I can feel more teeth coming through.

-When Mommy finally came home Sunday, I was squealing and acted like a wild child the rest of the night. Grandma told Mommy the instant we went outside to walk around I was squealing like crazy and couldn't walk fast enough to explore the world.

-I love to be walking around outside! By far this is my favorite thing to do! If you take my hands and we're walking around inside, I will walk to my shoes and the door and then just stare at you wondering when we're going outside. And if we don't go, I will definitely let you know I object.

-Just call me "Mr. Drama King!" If you do something that I absolutely don't want to do, I will cry (real tears even), scream, and protest like no other.

-I love to Skype with Daddy and laugh/scream/giggle the whole time we're talking. He even plays peek-a-boo with me! I love being able to see him on the screen!

-Mommy got me some new tennis shoes and they actually fit me perfectly (size 3).

-The packers came to start "Moving our lives!" to our new apartment/home in VA! I'm quite interested in what they are doing (taping boxes and packing all day long) and love to cruise along the boxes they've stacked in the house. Good thing I find them and everything else entertaining, because they've packed up almost all my toys.

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."- 2 Corinthians 10:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie, I know that you're not going to be able to spend Mother's Day with both Adam and Jr. I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's Day with Jacob. I know that you are busy now and might not see this until after Mother's Day. I'm glad that everything is working out fine and you'll be with Adam again. It'll be nice to be a family. Take care and we love you all!!!! Special kisses for Jr. Nancy and David