Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Daddy's a Redskin & 39 wk highlights

It's been a whirlwind of a week and it's only getting crazier and busier by the day. I can't believe I'm a 40 wk old talking, moving, and growing lil tike today. Mommy's been running around like mad trying to this and that finished as our lives are going to change drastically these next couple months because my Daddy is no longer a Ram but a REDSKIN! Everybody is excited about the move and thinks it'll be a great thing for Daddy; however it's just all the little things that have to go on to get to the new place that are consuming M&D right now.

Nonetheless, I better get to my highlights before the sunrises and I'm on the go again!

39 wk highlights:
-I officially turned 9 months old!

-Went to the dr for my 9 month check up and Hep B shot. The dr thought I was doing great and says I probably eat so much because I move so much. I didn't stop moving the whole time we were in the office. Up, down, crawl here, walk there, and repeat. Here's the stats from the visit: Weight: 23 lbs 6.5 oz (88%). Length: 29.5 in (86%). Head circumference: 18.4 in (86%).

-My Daddy became a REDSKIN! He called Mommy with the news Tuesday afternoon, of which she didn't believe him until she asked him over 50 times (this is totally a prank Daddy would pull on Mommy). My sitter was here, because M&D were suppose to be going on a date that afternoon. Daddy came home from work, packed his bags, and off to DC he headed. Mommy and I have been hanging out a lot this past week because Daddy has been in DC, back here, and then back to DC again.

-With the big surprise of Daddy's trade Tuesday, we were unable to go back for Great Grandma Adeline's funeral. Everybody understood our circumstances and said they'd love to come visit when were out in DC.

-M&D are working overtime right now trying to square away things to get us ready to move to a new home in DC. Daddy is in DC (the facility is actually in VA) right now and Mommy and I are holding down the fort here until we get the house somewhat ready to sell and move.

-I love to clap my hands! I especially love doing this while I'm eating food. Makes for a big mess everywhere if I hit the spoon at the right time.

-Each day I seem to master picking up finger food even better than the day before. I can even pick up Cheerios and get them to my mouth now.

-I've been a completely different baby the past couple wks/months, but am finally back to myself this past week because my Mommy has increased my food. I've been starving all along and just wanted some more food to eat. So the fussy baby problem is solved and I'm happy as can be now!

-With my increased food intake, I've also increased my activity level. Mommy thought I was moving a lot before, but she can barely keep up with me now. I'm on the go all the time; crawling to the window to play with the string, the front door to get my shoes to go outside, and of course heading to Rambo's dog dish.

-Not only do I love to crawl everywhere, but I especially like to cruise along furniture and am actually getting really good at it. I can go from the bench, fireplace, other bench, and then finally to the toy. Each day I get faster and more efficient. I love holding onto furniture and going where I want to.

-I still prefer to take my Mom's hands and walk around with them. The instant she sits me down, I will put my hands up in the air and am ready to grab her fingers to walk.

-I've been quite the lil rascal when it comes to Mommy taking my weekly pics and love to crawl around, stare at Scooby, pretty much do anything except look at my Mom and the camera!

-I still wear some of the clothes I did when I was 6 mo; however they're really starting to show off my belly because I'm so long.

-Jenna came out and took my 9 mo pics. We went outside and I did great the whole time. Big smiles, lots of laughs, and clapping like crazy!

-My ear infection has completely cleared up!

-I Skype all the time with my Daddy and cousins (Taylor and Dalton) now. Dalton wanted to kiss me the other day and they love how I'd cruise to the computer all the time.

-To sum up this past week it might go something like this: More food= even more movement= longer and better naps= happy baby= even happier Mom! And of course......My Daddy is a REDSKIN!

“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”-Luke 19:10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There Angie, I wanted to thank you for the Mother's Day cards and the cool shirt from Jacob. I think that it is neat. Please give Jacob a hug and kiss thanks. I talked with Adam this morning and he seems up beat and has an excitement in his voice about the Redskin trade. We're happy for you guys. I'm glad that he was traded and can play the position he did for Nebraska. I never e-mailed you thanks for letting me have time with Jacob while we were in Neb. I did appreciate it and thanks again. I hope that everything turns out for both of you. It's hard for me to believe that we will be across the United Stated from each other. I love you all. Please keep us up dated about what's going on. Nancy