Monday, April 12, 2010

Long week, table food, new routine, a tooth and 37 wk highlights

Although this past week was pretty low key, I did have some major things go on. This week marks a couple big milestone.s......I'm on all table food and have a TOOTH! I continue to move all the time and am growing into a little boy by the minute. It won't be long and I'll be 9 months old! Before I try to lead my Mommy out the door to play outside, I better go through everything I've been up to this week.

37 wk highlights:

-It's been a long week on everybody in the house. With my teeth coming in and limited mobility, I've been a little moody to say the least.

-I'm getting very frustrated these days, because I can't do what I want. Mentally I know exactly what I want to do,but physically I just can't do it. I can get to where I want, but can't do what I want to do once I get there. This is very, very frustrating to me.

-After feeling the bump underneath my gums for quite sometime, I finally have a tooth! It's made me a little fussy, but after a quick rub of some Oral-B, teething tablets, and Tylenol I'm a lot chipper. You can feel the tip of my tooth coming through.....finally! My lower front left tooth is popping through and the right one next to it is not far behind. You can actually see the hole it's trying to come through.

-Mommy finally got the point that I was finished with the mush and smashed food and started me on the good stuff! Yes, this week I was converted to all table food (however, Mommy still sneaks a couple baby food fruits in here and there because she is trying to get rid of all the baby food she has already bought). I still eat my baby food yogurt every morning and oatmeal cereal too.

-My daily menu consist of: yogurt, oatmeal cereal, crackers, bread, puffs, cheerios, yogurt melts, cheddar crunchies, bananas, brown rice, sweet potato, green beans, peas, carrots, grilled chicken breast, cantaloupe, and mix veggies.

-Sometimes I decide I would rather pick up my food or have Mommy feed it to me with her fingers instead of the spoon.

-This week was the first time I got to eat with Mommy and Daddy at the big table, which also means I got to be part of the evening meal prayer. Usually I just hang out and play with my toys why they eat supper.

-Here's what a typical day for me looks like: 8 am Breakfast= 5 oz milk (in bottle). 1 yogurt cup with 1 tbsp cereal. 2 tbsp cereal with milk. Noon Lunch= 5 oz milk (in sippy cup) with meal. Some fruit and veggies chopped fairly well. 2 tbsp cereal with milk. Sometimes some bread/crackers. Occasionally some grilled chicken. 3:30ish Snack= puffs/yogurt melts/cheddar crunchies/cheerios/fruit and water. 5:30ish Supper= 5 oz milk (in sippy cup) with meal. Some fruit and veggies chopped fairly well. 2 tbsp cereal with milk. Sometimes some bread/crackers. Occasionally some grilled chicken. 7:45ish Night bottle (5-10oz).

-Mommy started giving me a snack when I get up from my nap and then I eat supper when M&D do. This has helped to decrease the amount of milk I take at night.

-After a busy long weekend last week, I followed it by a low key week because I didn't have sign or lil gym this week. Lil gym was on spring break and we are finished with our sign class, although M&D plan on doing another sign class with me.

-I usually take one 30 min nap, an hour nap, and sleep about 11 hrs at night (8-7ish).

-I absolutely love being outside. If Mommy lets Rambo outside and we don't go, I promise you, I will protest a little. The weather has been amazing here (in the 80s with no humidity), which in turn means I want to spend all day outside. M&D call it my "Off" switch, because if I"m fussy at all and we go outside, I'm all smiles and laughs.

-I love walking around holding onto my Mommy's hands. I lead her where I want to go, which is usually to the door to go outside and then to the mail box and/or the rocks. I'm already all boy and love stomping in the rocks and pulling all the pretty flowers. I'm slowly getting used to the feel of grass on my hands and beneath my feet and actually love walking around in it now.

-Mommy had me holding onto a who-la whoop to help me walk, however I prefer to grab onto her hands and take off. The instant Mommy puts me on my feet, I put my arms and hands up for her fingers to grab onto.

-I've been signing milk constantly lately. The instant Mommy puts me in the highchair, I start squeezing my fist.

-I'm getting better at picking up things with my pincher finger and thumb. If you put something on my highchair tray, I can usually find a way to get it to my mouth.

-M&D picked me up a "New Zork!" Old Zork is now retired, but Mommy couldn't find it in her to throw away the old one, so it now has moved to the "Jacob box!"

-The instant my feet hit the jumperoo, I'm moving like crazy. I jumped for 20 mins straight the other day.

-Bob and Tina (my neighbors) came over the other night while we were playing outside and I didn't fuss when Bob took me. They can't believe how big I'm getting and think I'm going to be taking off in no time.

-I love taking my toy balls/blocks/rattles/eggs and banging them together.

-I love to play copy cat. If M/D make a noise, I'll make it right back. Daddy and I have loads of fun with this game!

-Mommy put me in the play pen for the first time this week. I wasn't so crazy about it and lasted about a minute of playing with my toys before I was trying to climb out.

-Susan (Parents As Teacher Lady) came out and did my 9 month evaluation. We had to do it early this month since the school is going on break for the summer and I won't see her until the end of July. I'm doing everything right on track and she says I'm doing great. I was a bit fussy for her, but once we went outside, I was happy as could be.

“Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.” -Luke 9: 23-24

No comments: