Monday, April 19, 2010

38 wk highlights and the passing of Grandma Adeline McBride

Jacob’s 38 wk highlights:

-I’m cruising! I love to “cruise” back and forth along the fireplace and am even getting adventurous by trying to walk around everything.


-I’m saying “Mama, Mom!” for the first time. Of course Mommy is super excited and thrilled that I finally say “Mama” and not just “Dada” all the time. I say, “Mama, Dada, Baba, Gaga, and then a whole lot of jibberish!”


-I can feed myself pretty well. I’m especially good at eating puffs, yogurt melts, and crunchies.

-I got my 2nd haircut! I’m not even 9 months yet, and was in need of a good trim. I look like a little boy (2-3yo) not a 9 mo old. I did fairly well sitting in the chair and even let the lady use the buzzer around my ears, which gave me the classic “Boy who just got his hair cut look!” Not long after this outing did we realize I had an ear infection.


-I got my tux for Jenna and Jason’s wedding, which is only 3 weeks away.


-Had a little episode in Target with Mommy and about scared her to death. I’d been running a little fever, but was doing well until we headed to the store, when all of a sudden I went limp on her and super red. She rushed me out to the pickup, undressed me and tried to give me water and patted me down with a cool towel. After we got home, Mommy talked to the Dr and we went to see what was going on with me.


-Not exactly a highlight, but I had my first ear infection this week. I made it almost 9 months without so much as a runny nose. I had been spiking a fever here and there, and then all of a sudden it spiked and wouldn’t go down. After a trip to the dr’s, where my temp reached 101.8, I was diagnosed with an ear infection in the right ear. I’m on an antibiotic for 10 days and am doing really well thus far.


-Mommy gave me Mandarian oranges for the first time this week. I didn’t know what to think about them at first, but now I love them. She also gave me veggie dip crunchies, which I of course loved too.


-This week at Lil Gym I actually liked the parachute and didn’t fuss at all while I was on it. Usually I get a little restless and don’t like to be pulled around on it, but this week I was all smiles. I always play peek-a-boo with it whenever Ms. Mary Lee puts it in front of me. Up over my head and then down it comes!


-I love to walk around holding onto Mommy’s hands! I always have the biggest smile when I’m up and moving around on my two feet.


-Every evening we go on family walk. Usually halfway through Mommy gets me out to walk a little and then back in the stroller I go. I love being outdoors and especially enjoying being on the move.


-Great Grandma Adeline McBride passed away. I was able to meet her in Omaha after she had a massive surgery done to remove some cancer. She fought incredibly hard and now can go rest in the Lord’s arms and watch over me as I grow into a young man.




I’ll always have a place in my heart for Grandma; in fact a huge place! I miss her so much right now and can’t stop thinking about how blessed I was to have the relationship I did with her. She was an amazing woman and touched so many peoples lives.

Grandma Adeline McBride

November 26th, 1926 – April 19th, 2010

*May she rest in the Lord's arms' for eternity*


Grandma passed away this morning around 4:30. My grandma’s friend/care taker was there when she took her last breath. It was nice to know that Grandma wasn't alone when she died. Her one wish was to be home and not have to die in a rest home and for that I’m so thankful. They believe she just had a heart attack when she got up to go the restroom. It nice to know that she won’t be battling cancer anymore and is up with the angels baking cookies and sewing away, all while watching over her amazing family she created. All the family is doing well considering everything that is going on. It looks as if almost all the grandchildren will be able to make it back for the funeral (just like at my Grandpa’s), which I know Grandma would have loved. Grandma was just an incredible woman who fought and fought until she had nothing left in her and she never once complained. I truly hope I get to live a very fulfilling life just like her. I hope she knew how many people loved her and cared so much about her. I can’t even begin to think of all the memories I have with her. It seemed almost everyday after grade school I was over at her house with Ashlie or Jenny, eating Mickey Mouse waffles filled with apple butter. Ah, she was an amazing cook, sewer, Grandma, friend, simply an amazing person that I was so blessed to have as a big part in my life. I really can’t help but think about all the memories and am definitely going to have to write them down someday very soon.


We are headed off to Nebraska this Thursday evening after the little guy falls asleep. We think it’s probably easiest to try and drive the whole thing while he sleeps.


Well I have so much to say, but need to finish up some things so I can get ready to head to bed. I can’t stop thinking about my Grandma and miss her so much right now.


“But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.”- 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

Thank you for the Mother's Day cards and the cute shirt from Jacob. I also want to thank you for letting me have time with Jacob in Neb. I'd like to wish you good luck with your move. We're happy for you and Adam. Thanks again for everything. Nancy Hugs and Kisses for Jacob. We love you all!!!