Monday, February 15, 2010

Never a dull moment & 29 week highlights!

There's truly never a dull moment in my life anymore. I keep M & D hopping all the time and am growing and developing every minute. It seems like one day I'm not doing something and then the next I'm doing it nonstop. I can't believe next week I'll be 7 months old! Every day is full of lots of playing, laughing, eating, and sleeping.....life is really great! And with my never ending adventures here are my 29 week highlights:

-At the Little Gym I left Mommy, Daddy, and the teacher baffled that I would rather roll to my left going up hill than to my right going down hill. What can I say, I have a mind of my own already!

-This week at the Little Gym I did get better at grabbing the rings, loved playing with the bells and a scarf. My bells and scarf were completely soaked by the end of the class. I played in the big tractor tire and loved being rocked back and forth; I could have stayed in there the whole class.

-I went to Gold's Gym for the first time. M & D finally decided it would be okay if they took me to the gym daycare a couple times a week while they workout. I did great and even fell asleep right at my nap time, despite all the kids laughing and playing.

-Grandma Tina and Annie watched me Friday night so M & D could go out on a date. I did great for them until I started to miss M & D and was ready for my bath, bottle, and bed. Annie loves to push me around in my walker and could entertain me hours.

-Saturday morning we went out for breakfast, of which I did great and found it amusing to lean back in my highchair to watch all the people walk by. Everybody always comments on how cute I am and my beautiful blue eyes! I'm definitely going to be a hit with all the gals with my blue eyes and blonde hair!

-M & D decided it was time to move me up to a bigger car seat. They wanted one that they could get me into and out of easier. The car seat I'm in right now is kind of a tight squeeze for me; what can I say, "I'm a big boy?!" So M & D bought me a new seat, but haven't installed them yet. I can't wait to take my first ride in it.

-At church this week I was the only baby in my age group, which made me feel like the King, since I had two gals taking care of me. Of course when M & D came to pick me up, they bragged about how well behaved I was, as if I would be anything else expect my parents:)

-I celebrated my 1st Valentine's Day! Mommy and Daddy spoiled me with lots of love like usual and made me my 1st Valentine. I even got my Mommy a special gift (a balloon, filled chocolates, and a big stuffed heart of which Daddy calls Dr. V)! I like to do tummy time on it and eat at his noise.

-Brenda and Jacob babysat me Valentine's evening, while M & D went out for a nice dinner. I did great and love playing with Jacob.

-This past week I started watching the 2010 Winter Olympics with M & D. I'm wondering when I can try out for the Biatholon!

-I move all over the place in my walker. If I see something that looks like it should be mine, I will find a way to get to it.

-I have found a new love: pulling on my Mommy's hair. I know she pulls it back all the time in hopes that I won't grab at it, but I love to pull it out....what can I say?! Her and Daddy can't believe the grip I have when it comes to holding onto something.

- Just call me "Little Raptor!" My razzing noises are back and M & D think I sound like a little dinosaur. Some days I do it more than others, but when I get in the mood I can do it nonstop all day long.

-I can pick up the broken pieces of puffs with my hands and eat them. I used to just rake them towards me, but I've finally figured out how to pick them up and get them to my mouth.

-I am to the stage of "If you take it away and I think it should be mine, I will cry!" I especially do this with some of my favorite toys like Zork, my phone, and the giraffe that I get to hold while I get a clean diaper.

-I got to go sledding again with the family. We didn't stay outside too long, because it was freezing and winding.

-Believe it or not I love to go to the grocery store and am actually good the whole time we're there. The bright lights, all the different colors, and friendly people make me smile and laugh the whole time I shop with Mommy.

-I've officially dropped my evening nap. I take about a 30-60 min nap in the morning (10:30-11:30) and a 60-120 min nap in the afternoon (2-4). M & D moved up my bath to 7:00 and go to bed about 8:00. I usually wake up at 7:30, but just hang out in my crib until about 8:00 when my two favorite peps come get me up and ready for the day.

-I continue to eat like a horse and continue to baffle everyone when I take at least 14 oz at night. I've even taken 18 oz sometimes. Mommy is trying to feed me a little more during the day in hopes that I won't eat so much at night, but I really don't want to eat much more during the day. Let's just face it.....I'm going to be big.

-Mommy & Daddy now sign: Milk, More, Eat, All Done, Drink, Hungry. They just started drink and hungry. I'm starting to catch onto Milk and Eat, big surprise I know:)

-M & D are really trying to get me to crawl or even move towards my toys, but I'm so smart that I will just grab onto the blanket and pull it towards me in order to get the toy. What can I say, I use my resources wisely!

“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”-1 John 4:10

No comments: