Monday, February 22, 2010

1st cold and 30 week highlights

Well.....I'm moving on up to another month! I turned 7 months on Sunday! Mommy and Daddy can't believe how fast time has flown by and before they know it I'll be a toddler running around this household and causing trouble (I know it's super hard to believe)! It's been another busy week, except this week had a couple bumps along the way. Nonetheless, let's get down to business and share what I've been up to this past week.

Here are my 30 week highlights:
-I officially turned 7 months! I weigh 21.7 lbs (with clothes and diaper) and am 28 1/4 in long.

-Well with 7 months came 7 sniffles times 10000. This week is the first time I've experienced a cold and it's been a nagging one to boot. Thursday I woke up in the middle of the night (which I haven't done since I have been 8 wks old), because I really needed my Mom and didn't feel well at all. After snuggling for a couple hours in her arms, she put me back to bed but this was only the beginning of my troubles. Thursday I had an okay day and that night slept like normal until about 5, when yet again I needed my Mom. She snuggled with me for a bit, but then noticed that I was really warm so she stuck this thing under my arm pit (which I didn't care for) and said I had a temp of 102. I ate breakfast around 7 and tried to play a little, but I just felt terrible and wanted to sleep. Mom called the dr to take me in since I was running a fever, had a runny nose, fussy and was very very lethargic. They told M&D to keep me hydrated and let me rest; luckily no ear infection thing. I took a 2 hour nap in my Mom's arms when we got home and just had a snugly day with her. She is really great medicine and finally started feeling better on Saturday. Sunday rolled around and for some reason my nose keeps dripping this green stuff out (of which Mom either wipes it off or takes this bulb thing and suctions part of my brains out---I really can't stand either one of these things being done to me) and I started to develop a nagging cough. So today we went back to the dr and now I'm taking this pink stuff (Mom says it's called Amoxicillin, I call it "Nasty, Nasty") and we're hoping this helps dry up my nose and clears my chest of all this nasty garbage. This is been a pretty hard weekend on me, but I'm getting better and am very thankful that I went 7 months without getting a cold.

-At the Little Gym I absolutely loved the parachute that we got to play with. It was full of bright colors and was so much fun to chew on and shake up and down. I didn't particularly care to be put in the middle and pulled in a circle though; don't you think M&D know by now that I need to sit up because I'm a big boy and really don't like to lie on my back.

-I am working oh so hard to pull myself up on my toys. Mommy gives me a little boost and I do the rest.

-On Wednesday I got to try out my new ride (my stroller/wagon that goes on the bike) for the first time. I napped the whole time we were on the walk, but really did enjoy riding in my little tent on wheels.

-So I have no intention of crawling in the near future, but have figured out if I want to get an object that is behind me I can move my legs and feet in the direction I want to go do and turn on my behind. Mom likes to make me work to get things, which is very frustrating but I'm slowly figuring out ways to get what I want. I wish she would understand that it would be much easier if she just gave me what I wanted.

-Along with doing a circle on my behind, I will occasionally scoot on it too. I am slowly grasping the concept of hands on the ground then pull/push my behind. Again, would be much easier if things just came to me and I didn't have to go to them!

-If you have it.....I need it! Plain and simple! I am constantly trying to grab at about everything I see and have a love for pulling my Mom's hair. She wore it all down one night, oh what a big mistake that was for her. Seriously Mom your curls are so tempting to pull and eat!

-Mommy cleaned out my closet the other day. Most of the clothes she packed away were 6-9 month clothes. M&D can't believe how fast I fly through clothes; oh if they only knew that I'm going to be just as big as my Dad (which means we're going to go through a lot more clothes as a grow to reach his size).

-I started on Vol 2 of Baby Can Read. I love doing my flash cards and books with M&D. I especially like watching my videos; the instant I hear the feet and here the girls voice I just laugh, sit back and learn.

-At the beginning of last week I went to Gold's again with Mommy. The kids once again wore me out and I was out like a light when Mom came to get me. At least I was good the whole time so Mommy could build up some muscles to carry me around.

-So I got Mom a Valentine's Day balloon last week, but I really got it for myself (don't you know babies are very selfish). I love to sit and play with it all the time. Whether it's chewing on the yellow weight thing or trying to eat the balloon, I have a ball and could play with it for over 5 min which is a long time in my world.

-Grandma McBride got me a toy that has little things that pop up. Mommy insist on opening them all the time, while I shut them. Doesn't she understand that they're supposed to be closed!

-I love to stand! I attempt to stand by myself, but don't get very far as I usually fall into Mom's arms or lean forward into my toy. I do have the one handed balancing act down and before long will figure out the balancing on two feet without any support soon too.

-I could stand all day and play with my toys, but if you put me on my stomach I will roll almost instantly or cry because I really don't care to be in that position. This is why M&D are right about the fact that I will probably walk before I crawl.

-Mom has me sleeping on the boppy to help me breath and not cough so much, so far it seems to be helping.

-M&D have switched my schedule around just a little bit so my eating times line up with theirs since I will be eating some things from their plate soon and it would be nice for all of us to eat supper together. I eat breakfast with Mom at 8, lunch with M&D at 11:30/11:45, a snack bottle at 2 (5 oz), supper at 5 with M&D, and of course my bottle right before bed. I seem to really enjoy this schedule and don't take as much milk at night, which is a really good thing (or at least that's what my Mom says).

-Here's what I typically eat in a day: Breakfast: 5 oz breast milk, 2-3 tbsp fruit, 3 tbsp cereal. Lunch: 5-6 oz breast milk, 2-3 tbsp veggies, 3 tbsp cereal. Snack: 5 oz breast milk. Supper: 5 oz breast milk, 2-3 tbsp fruit, 2-3 tbsp veggies, 2 tbsp cereal in my fruit/veg. Night Bottle: 12 oz breast milk.

-My naps are about the same as usual. One in the morning 30-60 min and one in the afternoon 1-2 hr. I sleep about 11 1/2 hrs at night.

-Mentally I'm developing so fast, compared to physically which is causing me to get very frustrated at times. I know exactly what I want and what I want to do with it, but don't know how to do it yet. It won't be long before I figure all this out, but until then I'm probably going to fuss a little more because I just can't get it.

-M&D will probably kill me for writing this, but what can I say I'm a baby! Well I had my first.....blow out! It only took 7 months for this to happen too. Luckily it was in my high chair and everything was able to washed and cleaned up. I kind of thought it was funny seeing M&D figure out what I had done!

-My fine motor skills are developing so fast and I love figuring out how things work and messing around with my hands.

-"Dadadadadadad----ahhhggguuu-dadadadada," I must repeat this about 100 times a day.I'm definitely part McBride that's for sure, because I could talk all day long!



Alright, I better head to bed since technically M&D think I'm sound asleep right now! I can't wait to see what new things I'll be up to this week!

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."- Job 8:21

No comments: