Monday, January 25, 2010

Jr is 6 months! 26 week highlights! Jr's Stats for the 1st 6 months!

A half a year! My beautiful, precious baby boy turned a half of year on Thursday. It's hard to believe that just 6 months ago Jr was born! It was a hot summer day in July, which is quite the contrast from Thursday's cloudy and chilly day.

I've been trying to update everything that the lil peanut has been up to lately, but find myself writing here and there between dr visits, trying to get things done around the house, running errands, going on a date, playing Settlers of Catan until the wee hours (staying up all night one night to play--I really have no idea what we were thinking), enjoying having my parents around, and most of all spending time with my family. It has been supper nice having my parents here and I am sad they had to leave yesterday. Every time our family comes and then has to leave, I all of a sudden get "family sick." I miss them so much and want to live closer to all of our family so Jr can grow up with his cousins and we can watch our nieces and nephews grow up too.

So Jacob has been pleading with me lately to let him tell his version of the past week he has had, so here's Jacob's blog entry and 26 week highlights:

Mommy and Daddy got home Tuesday night from Houston. Daddy had to have surgery on his ankle, so Gma and Gpa took care of me while they were gone. When they walked through the door I couldn't believe my eyes and just stared at them as they went all googly eyed over me. I guess they missed me or something. Daddy is doing great and recovering a lot better and faster than he has with the previous surgeries. He doesn't even walk around like he just had surgery on his ankle. Mommy is doing pretty good too. She's had a lot of redness in her left eye since Christmas and the dr told her last week she had pink eye. He gave her some stuff to help her out, which it did some what but she ended up going to the eye dr to have it checked out again. He told her that she has and inflamed and infected eye. She is continuous putting these drops in her eyes in hopes of clearing up everything. She's lucky that she has been pumping and saving lots of milk, since she can't feed me what she is pumping now because of the medicine. I'm very thankful that my Mom is doing everything she can to see that I am breastfeed for a year. To this day I haven't a major cold or infection of any sort, which I have a feeling is because I get only the best stuff that a baby can have!

On Thursday I turned a half a year! Mommy and Daddy bought me a big cookie that said, "Happy 6 months Jr!" I, of course didn't even get to take a bite of it, but Mommy had fun taking my picture with it. I also went to the dr for a check up and those yucky shots (the same ones I got at 4 months, plus the flu shot). I did great at the dr office. Mommy and Daddy let me sit on the table all by myself and I went crazy grabbing onto all the paper. The dr couldn't believe how well I sit up and how well proportioned I am. The shots didn't seem to bother me like they did at 4 months, maybe it was because Gma and Mommy gave me some good tasting medicine to help with the pain. Nonetheless, I did great the rest of the day and slept like a champ (of course).

Here's my stats from my 6 month old visit:

Weight: 19 lbs 13 oz Length: 27 in Head: 17.7 in
Compared to when I was born and was a little peanut:

Weight: 6 lbs Length: 20 in Head: 13.1 in

The past couple days have flown bye so fast with Gma and Gpa playing with me all the time. Gma loves to feed me my bottle and food, of which I try to help her out by grabbing the spoon as it goes into my mouth. Sometimes I get it in a little too far, which causes me to almost gag a little. I really can't wait until I get to feed myself. Mommy lets me drink from a cup that has some great tasting, cool refreshment called water. Mommy and Gma have started giving me little puffs to eat occasionally too; I think it's hilarious when Gma crushes them in my mouth. So far Mommy has me eating oatmeal (which I just started and prefer it over barely), all green and yellow veggies, pears, applesauce, and bananas. I love eating applesauce and pears the most. I love riding around in my cars and being outside. Mommy took me on the trampoline for the first time this week and I absolutely loved it. I want to grab everything in sight and when I grab onto it I don't want to let go. Here's some of this past week's highlights in a nutshell.

26 week highlights:
-I officially turned 6 months!
-I sit great all by myself and love sitting and playing with my toys.
-I went to the dr for my 6 month old check up and shots. I did great and the shots didn't even bother me the rest of the day. Everybody can't believe how big I'm getting. I weigh what mom weighed when she was a year old, however she has 2 inches on me. I wonder how big I'll be at a year?! Mom's 6 month old stats: 16 lb 3 oz 26 3/4 in. Mom's 12 month old stats: 19 lb 9 oz 29 in.
-Gma & Gpa took care of me and helped out Mom and Dad around the house.
-My hair is really starting to come in thick, blonde and wavy. I have perfect Mohawk hair and Mommy thinks it's fun to always put it in a Mohawk and Daddy loves to mess up all my hair.
-I officially moved to the big bath tub. Well actually they just put my little bath tub in the big bath tub and now I splash like crazy.
-I continue to eat and sleep like a pro. Mommy started giving me oatmeal, which I absolutely love. I also love eating fruit in the mesh bag and drinking water from my sippy cup.
-Ate a record amount at night....18oz of milk. I couldn't believe it myself. Mommy and Gma put me down, but I was still hungry so I protested and continued to eat a little more until I was full, happy, and most of all ready for a good nights sleep. So at night I now drink 18 oz occasionally!
-Lately I've been going crazy with my tongue. I stick it out, chew on it, and am just always messing around with it.
-Although I still have no teeth that Mommy and Daddy can see, I can feel them coming in like crazy. Mommy hopes that I don't get them for awhile, since the later I get them the better the teeth I should have. I love to get my mouth on things and then just go back and forth like crazy.
-I love playing peek-a-boo!
-Bounced on the trampoline for the first time with Mommy.
-Continue to talk, laugh, and smile all the time. Everybody always says what a great and happy baby I am.
-Jenna came and took my 6 month old pics! I can't wait to see how they turned out and have Mommy show me off to everybody!

Jacob's stats for the first 6 months:

7/21/09 (birth)
Weight: 6 lb
Length: 20 in (6%)
Head: 13.1 in

7/27/09 (1 week)
Weight: 6 lb
Length: 19.5 in
Head: 13.1 in

8/3/09 (2 week)
Weight: 6 lb 4.5 oz
Length: 20 in
Head: 13.5 in

8/24/09 (1 month)
Weight: 7 lb 14.5oz (7%)
Length: 20.5 in (11%)
Head: 14.4 in (15%)

9/21/09 (2 month)
Weight: 11 lb (34%)
Length: 21.5 in (7%)
Head: 15.5 in (37%)

10/21/09 (3 month)
Weight: 14.8 lb
Length: 24.5 in

11/21/09 (4 month)
Weight: 16 lb 6.5 oz (78%)
Length: 25 in (52%)
Head: 17 in (74%)

12/21/09 (5 month)
Weight: 18 lb
Length: 26 in

1/21/10 (6 month)
Weight: 19 lb 13 oz (87%)
Length: 27 in (73%)
Head: 17.7 in (83%)

Jacob, you are a child of God, His treasured possession. He created you in His own image. He chose the day for you to be born. He has a plan and a purpose for your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the calender with all the great pictures. Sounds like Jr. is growing like a weed. I'm glad that you enjoyed your parents being there and that they were able to baby sit for you while Adam had his surgery. It sounds like Jacob is starting to change a lot. I'm sorry that we have to miss all the stages he'll go through. It sounds like you're enjoying him. Mom

Anonymous said...

Adam and Angie, Thank you for being there with grandma and grandpa. It sounds like they needed more help than they were receiving. I'm sorry that it had to happen while you were there. For now they're in Harvard House skilled nursing. Monday, they'll be put in a room together. They want to go back home. Grandpa is thinking about putting Grandma in the skilled nursing place in Aurora and then he can live back home. We'll see what happens. I'm glad that your mother, Angie, is doing alright. That was a close call with a hemiglobin of 5. Give Jacob a hug and kiss from us. We love you all!! Nancy