Monday, January 18, 2010

1st time away from Jr, Letter to Jr, 25 wk highlights

Yesterday A and I headed down to Houston for A’s surgery. We were scheduled to go to Mexico, but had to cancel since we had babysitters (my parents) to watch Jr while we were gone. Since we didn’t want to drag the little burger along we decided to go ahead and have the surgery and try to schedule a trip for later.

Today A had surgery to remove some bone spurs on his ankle. All went well and he’s doing great and we should be able to head home tomorrow evening. This is the first time I’ve been away from Jr for an extended period of time since he’s been born and to say I miss him would be an understatement. I decided to write Jacob a little letter to tell him how I feel right now.


Dear Jacob-

I miss ya so much and can’t wait to see you tomorrow. This is the first time I’ve been without you since you were born and I can’t stop thinking about you. Every time I look at the clock I think about what you are probably up to and wish I could be there playing, snuggling, or holding you.
This past month I’ve been prepping for what it would be like not to have you around for a couple days. I took a ton of pictures/videos of you on my phone and can’t stop looking at them. I constantly look at your pictures on the internet and on our computer. Looking at your beautiful blue eyes, huge Gerber smile, and the radiating happiness that comes from your face makes my day light up! You look so much like your Daddy; oh how lucky I am to have you both in my life.
You mean the world to me and I am so thankful that God has blessed me with you as my son. I prayed and dreamed about you all the time before you were born and ever since I’ve had you’ve your Dad and mine’s world complete. We couldn’t imagine life without you in it. You make us smile all the time and you truly light up our world. You make our hearts’ melt and you truly are our gift from God.

I didn’t know exactly how I would feel without you being in my arms all the time and after a couple hours, I just wanted to hold, squeeze and kiss you. I wonder what new things you’ll be doing when I get to see you. I wonder if you’ll squeal and move your arms like crazy when you see me.

Your Daddy and I can’t stop thinking about you and are so excited to come home and see you. We can’t wait to see you and “Get you!”

I love you so much and will always be here for you,
-MOM


Here’s what Jr has been up to lately:
25 wk highlights:
-Jr continues to eat like a champ. He still eats the usual things at breakfast, lunch, dinner and his night bottle.
-Jr started eating pears this week. He definitely loves them over his bananas.
-Jr sits all the way up in his high chair when you feed him. He tries to help you by grabbing the spoon (with his left hand) and puts it into his mouth. Sometimes he puts it in just a little too far and almost gags himself; self feeding is definitely a learning experience.
-Jr is mastering the sippy cup (minus the stopper in the sippy cup). He didn’t really understand the concept of sucking to get something, so we took the stopper out and he thinks it’s the greatest thing ever. He loves to drink the water from his cup and will bring it up, take a drink and then take it down and repeat.
-The “Raptor” is back! Jr started squealing all the time lately and sounds exactly like a little raptor dinosaur.
-Jr loves to jump around in his jumperoo and goes nonstop when he’s in it. He used to jump from one leg to another, but now he loves to do a squatting motion and then jump off both feet. It’s so much fun watching him go crazy jumping around.
-Jr is a great sleeper. He continues to sleep 11 hrs at night and takes a morning, afternoon, and evening nap.
-He got to try out his new baby/toddler sled that Grandma and Grandpa got him for Christmas. It worked great and he loved sitting up while Mommy ran around with him in the snow.
-Jr also got to wear his new snowsuit. The jacket fits just right and he has room to grow into the pants.
-Jr continues to reach and grab for everything. He usually succeeds in grabbing everything in sight and to the mouth it goes.
-Each day he sits up better and stronger on his own. He hates laying down and definitely prefers to see the world from an upright position.
-Was away from Mommy for the first time for an extended period of time.
-Grandma and Grandpa McBride are taking care of Jr for a couple days, while Daddy and Mommy went to Houston so Daddy could have surgery on his ankle. Jr is doing great thus far and we will hopefully get to see him tomorrow night to tuck him in for bed.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."- Colossians 3:15

No comments: