Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Love my job & 19 week highlights

I can't believe Jr is already 20 weeks old! Sometimes it feels just like yesterday we were bringing him home. It's been an awesome ride so far and every day I wake up and give thanks for the coolest job ever! Lately all I can think about is how fortunate I am to be able to stay home with my baby and watch him grow each and every day. A and I were looking at pics of when he was first born compared to now and can't believe how much he's changed in 4 1/2 months not just physically either. Looking at his weekly pics you can start to see his personality shine through. He went from being curled up next to the bear & Scooby, hands over his face to sittings straight up (and now even trying to lean forward to sit on his own at times) and showing off his huge Gerber smile! As a parent watching him grow into a little guy is so awesome and one of the greatest blessing ever. He's such a happy baby that loves to eat, play, and snuggle! Life is great and being a stay at home mom is AWESOME!

With A and I's anniversary quickly approaching (9 days) I can't help but look at our life together thus far and praise the Lord for all he has granted me. A is an awesome husband and an incredible father! I feel so blessed to have him in my life and every time I look at him and he gives me that smile, my heart melts all over again, just like the night I met him.

Jr's 19 wk highlight:
-Jr loves to put his feet in the air and roll around on his back and butt. He grabs his toes and rolls around. Jr absolutely loves putting his toes up in the air and grabbing them with his hands. I put him in his rocker and he even tried to grab them in it.
-Got his pic taken for Christmas. Was a little burger during some of them, but I think we ended up with some pretty good ones to choose from. His smile will make your day that's for sure!
-Jr loves to look at himself in the mirror. He laughs, coos, talks, smiles, and just gets so excited when he sees himself. It's so much fun to watch him, because he really does think it's another baby he's seeing and talking to; endless hours (okay maybe minutes) of entertainment.
-Jr is grabbing everything he can get his hands on. A & I have thought for quite sometime that Jr might be a lefty. He swats and grabs for toys primarily with his left hand. If you're feeding him you have to hold down his left hand or he'll try to help you with the spoon. When going to feed him some peas he stuck his whole hand in the bowl and attempted to eat them off his hand. He's a handful when it comes to feeding, because he wants to help out and he moves nonstop.
-Lately when Jr gets a bottle, he insist he can hold it on his own. The only problem with this is that he doesn't help you much. Oh well, it's fun to see him discover all of these things.
-He naps about an hour and a half in the morning, hour in the afternoon, thirty mins at night, and then followed by 11 hrs at night. He's a great sleeper at night, which is such a blessing to any parent.
-Jr eats about 3 tbsp of vegs, 1 tbsp of barely cereal, and nurses at breakfast, lunch, dinner and then gets his last milk feeding right before bed. He breastfeeds first and then gets his solids. Seems to like the barely and it doesn't plug him up!
-Jr is growing so fast and insist he's a big boy now and can sit up on his own. A & I are always doing sit ups with him, so apparently they're paying off.
-Everything (seriously everything he can get his hands on) continues to go in the mouth.
-Jr wears a bib almost all the time minus when he is sleeping. He drools nonstop and if he didn't wear a bib we'd have nothing to wipe his mouth with and of course we'd be changing his clothes all the time.
-Jr's cheeks are turning rosy red and have been since the past couple weeks. Some say it might be due to teething.

Much as a person would tie a stake to a tomato plant to sustain it from the weight it carries; the strength of the stake is transferred to the plant and thus "bears it up." I am so thankful to have wonderful friends. It is if they say to me, "You're not going to fall and be broken or destroyed because I'm staking myself to you. My strength is now yours. Go ahead, lean on me. As long as I can stand, you will." Gal 6:2

No comments: