Sunday, December 6, 2009

1 yr ago today and tidbits about Jr

One year ago today I found out I was expecting our first miracle child! I remember the morning like it was yesterday and will never forget the excitement I felt inside when I saw 2 lines appear! Every time I think about the whole experience of finding out, I can't help but smile and give thanks to the Lord for this true blessing that I now get to hold in my arms everyday. Life is good!

I was looking back at my pregnancy journal and told A how I forgot how sick I was for the first half. I did remember though that nausea feeling, because I had the same feeling last wk. No not because I'm pregnant, but I just had that same sick feeling to my stomach. A tells me all the time how I tend to forget things, which he's right I do. I remember though the instant the feeling comes back to me; it'll probably be the same thing with labor. I told A how I can do it drug free again, no biggy and he said, "Um...clearly you don't remember the pain you were in." And clearly I don't because it's through that pain that I was blessed with one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. Hints why the instant he was born I forgot about all the pain I'd just experienced. I love my husband with all my heart and feel so blessed to have a son who I can't wait to show the world to. Again, LIFE IS GOOD and GOD IS GREAT!

Jr has been growing so fast and I really can't believe how big he's getting; I clearly understand why he eats so much every time I pick him up and feel how big he is getting. I have a feeling he's going to be exactly like his daddy!

I keep forgetting to mention little tidbits about Jr so here they are:
-Last week he started making these dinosaur noises. We started calling him our little "Raptor!" He sounded like a baby dinosaur that had just been born. He hasn't done it much lately, but when everybody was here for Thanksgiving he did it nonstop it seemed like. Goofy kiddo!
-Jr has lost some of his hair; it's mainly on the sides from moving/rolling his head back and forth. He still has a lot of hair and the sides are growing back in. I have a feeling he's going to have thick hair just like A & I.
-It's funny the difference 20 weeks can make. When Jr was first born people could not believe how much hair he had. They also couldn't believe how little he was. Now he's lost a little hair and is huge for a 4 1/2 month old. I told A that we brought home a 5 year old (because he had a very skinny face and a ton of hair) and now we have our baby (chubby cheeks and just looks like a baby).
-Jr is finally back onto his regular pooping schedule, thank goodness! I started adding rice cereal back into his baby food and so far so good. He now eats 3 tbsp of baby food with some rice cereal mixed in at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and gets a bottle right before bed. He still seems like he could eat all day long, but then again most babies would eat all day long if they could. I nurse him at every feeding and usual give him a bottle at the end to make sure he is full.
-Thursday Jr got to meet Santa, well actually Santa met Jr while he was out cold. The country club across from our court was having Santa, one of his reindeer's', buggy rides, hot chocolate, pretty much the whole holiday works Thursday night. So we bundled up Jr (as it is freezing here) and took Annie to see Santa. We got our pic with the reindeer and then with Santa. Jr feel asleep in my arms while we waited in line for Santa. We did end up with a priceless pic of him sleeping in Santa's arms. It was so much fun and definitely worth standing out in the cold.
-Jr has had cradle cap for the past couple weeks and it is finally going away. He started getting it when he started losing his hair, but after brushing, brushing, and more brushing it's going away.
-Jr's can finally touch the ground with his feet in his jumperoo. For a long time we had a pillow underneath, then a book, and now there's nothing. He loves to push off with his feet and goes nuts when the who thing giggles him. Like I said before, I can't believe how big our little 6 lb baby has grown in just 19 weeks (almost 20)!
-Jr is so close to rolling over and if positioned right he can do it, but he hasn't quite got the whole concept of rolling completely over and continuing to roll. It's so much fun to watch him discover this world and see his eyes light up every time he discovers something new for the first time.
-Lately Jr has been waking up around 7:40ish. He sits and talks to himself for about 15 mins or so and then I usually go get him up and our day begins! It's so much fun to listen to him on the monitor; oh how I wonder what he is saying?!
-So Friday night Jenna came to take Jr's pics and a family pic for Christmas. After trying desperately to get him to smile, we only ended up with a handful of good ones. She came back yesterday to try to take some more, but again he was being the typical kiddo (all dressed up and looked so nice and would not smile at all). So finally today I dressed him up and I took the pics. They came out pretty good, so between mine and Jenna's I should be able to come up with a cute Christmas card. Jenna does such a good job and I really wish we could have got him to smile for her, but for whatever reasons our smiling 24/7 baby decided he would just sit there. At least though he would look at her.
-Jr just took a 2 hr morning nap! LIFE IS GOOD! GREAT NAP Buddy! NAPS ARE AWESOME!

We watched the NE vs. Texas game last night for the Big 12 Championship.....bummer. I'm disappointed in how we lost, but it is what it is and there's nothing we can do about it now. They lost on a last second field goal......gggggggrrrrrrr. I strongly dislike the Longhorns and even more so now. Oh well, I better stop thinking about it or I'll just get angry inside. A is still upset today about it. We don't like the Huskers or anything?! Nonetheless, NE has come a long way from the Billy C era and will continue to grow and get better each year with a coach like Bo.

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.”-John 10: 14-15

No comments: