Thursday, November 11, 2010

A growing toddler, an expanding waist line, and a mound of dirt:)

I still stand in amazement as I stare down at my feet and see by belly growing each day and my feet gradually disappearing. The flutters are few and far, but it won't be long before I get to feel the foot go across my stomach and into my rib:)

Between a growing toddler, an expanding waist line and a mound of dirt where our house is to be built very soon.......we clearly never have a dull moment in the Carriker household. Life is great and Adam and I feel truly blessed to have so many wonderful things going on at once in our life!

Our trip back to Loveland was great and we accomplished a lot in regards to our house and even got to spend some good quality time with family. My parents came during the week and watched Jr for us, while we went and did our grownup things kid free. Jr loved going outside to play in the rocks and run around, while Grandma and Grandpa tried to keep up with the little 2 foot nonstop machine. He thought it was hilarious to take the rocks and throw them into the grass, what a true boy! We were able to spend time with Aleah, Mark, Gina, Grandma C, and Grandpa C at the end of the week and weekend. Aleah and Jr look as if they could be twins despite the 7.5 month difference. They're the exact same size height wise, however Jr has her by a couple pounds. Aleah was a typical girl wanting to hug and kiss her cousin, however Jr wanted nothing to do with hugs/kisses and preferred to just push her baby stroller around. Apparently Adam and I should invest in a doll stroller for him as a Christmas present:) Jr was a champ on his 16th and 17th flights and adjusted great to the 2 hr time change. It really was great little get away and it was fun to go stand on our mound of dirt that we bought!

As far as NBC goes, well lets just say this baby is going to be well traveled by the end of the pregnancy too. Though I had a really rough couple days once we got back from CO; I'm finally starting to remember what it feels like not to be nauseated all day long.

Here's a fun little thing I wanted to write about NBC thus far at 14.5 wks:
When I learned I was pregnant........I about fell over in amazement/shock/disbelief/joy! I really couldn't believe what the little pee stick was telling me "Surprise you're pregnant!"

As far as cravings go........well it's been hard to eat, especially lately just because I've been very nausea throughout most of this pregnancy thus far and the thought of food sometimes makes me want to throw up. I definitely have a thing for fruit (totally normal for me), and sometimes pizza and Doritos (this is very strange for me).

Hormone-wise........I believe that is the culprit of my morning sickness (which is a great sign that everything is going great, but nasty on how this mama feels). So funny story we went to go get a pre-boarding pass from the lady at the Southwest ticket counter since I"m pregnant. She ask me how I've been feeling and if I'm going to yak over everybody? Adam and I just laughed and then she goes onto tell us that being pregnant is like taking 100 birth control pills. That's how many hormones I have running through my body right now and it's no wonder I feel the way I do. Oh, the things people tell you when you're pregnant.

Maternity clothes........I prefer comfy workout pants and shirts that fit over my baby bump. To say that you're muscles become more lax after you're first baby might be an understatement. I'm already showing (and have been for a couple weeks now), which is way earlier than I did with Jr.

When I give birth........I think I'm going natural again. Adam calls me crazy and hopes I opt out and ask for an epidural, but I guess we will see when the time comes. My thought is that I did it once before, I can do it again!

My favorite thing about pregnancy........is the thought of growing a baby inside of me. Simply amazing and a wonderful blessing from God!

I just keep thinking........this is going to be interesting at times having 2 under the age of 2!

As a dad, Adam is........more than any wife could ever ask for from her babies' daddy. He's a great dad to Jr and is going to be a great dad to NBC. Jr is definitely a Daddy's boy, as I fell this one will be too (regardless if NBC is a boy or girl).

Will NBC be on the blue or pink team........we've decided.......we're going to keep the package wrapped up until its birthday! We made our decision final on the plane ride back from CO this past weekend (exactly 14 wks pregnant). As far as what I think.......I think we'll have another one on the blue team, but who knows everybody (minus a couple of people) think its going to be a girl. I'm pretty sure some of them are just saying girl because they want us to have a girl since we already have a boy. Boy or girl really doesn't matter to us as long as the baby is healthy and happy! Like Adam told me the other day, "I got my boy, so it really doesn't matter if this is a boy or girl! I'll be thrilled with either!"

Overall........life is a wonderful gift and I feel so blessed when I look at everything the Lord has granted me!

No comments: