Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Up On All Fours & 31 week highlights!

Okay, so Mommy has been trying to write about my past week highlights, but I keep her hopping during the day, which can make finding time to write challenging. What can I say I'm one energetic little boy?! Nonetheless, I'm here again to tell you what I've been up to this past week. I'd be lying if I told you I don't do something new everyday; seriously it's so cool and M&D cheer me on as I learn to do so much in this world!

Today I was up on all FOURS! I'd done it the previous days, but not for every long. Today though I stayed up for a long period of time (couple minutes) and even started rocking back and forth. I really had no idea what I was doing, but flashed a grin at Mommy as she took my picture!





At the little gym today I held on to the parachute and helped wave it up and down. I was the only kid that understood what to do. Up over my head and then down to my lap (repeat).......just like peek-a-boo! I started doing the wheel barrel on my hands today and the teacher can't believe how strong my arms are. Everybody always comments on how big and strong I am, just like my Daddy (in every way). After the little gym, Mommy took me and Rambo on a 5 mile jog; I slept the whole way and woke up right as we got home.

I truly am changing by the minute, no seriously M&D can't believe how their little boy is growing up so fast. Trust me on this because it's all they ever say! Oh what fun these next couple weeks and months are going to be for M&D as I become a rascal. Without a second to spare in my busy life I better get down to the basics and tell what I've been up to this previous week.

31 week highlights:
-"Up on all fours!" Although it was only for like 5 seconds, I got up on all fours and wasn't real sure what to do once I was up. Today though (32 weeks) I stayed up for a couple minutes and even rocked back and forth!
-"And face plant!" I'm desperately trying to get into the crawling position, but usually find myself doing a face plant trying to get there. I occasionally do get up on all fours, however I'm still trying to figure the whole crawling mechanics out right now.
-"Roll over, roll over!" I love to roll around and will roll across the living room floor to get to my toy. I prefer to roll to my left side over the right and do it almost the instant I get what I want.
-"SSSSS, I slither like a snake!" Once on my belly I will move around on my tummy to get to where I want to go, which is usually to get the toy that is just out of my reach. Between trying to crawl, rolling over and then back again, and then slithering a little on my tummy I'm able to get myself just about anywhere. Mommy likes to make me do complete circles on my belly, as if she has nothing better to do!
-"And I'm off!" The instant Mom sets me down, I'm lunging over and onto my belly I go. I'm so close to crawling and am before long will figure out how to get my arms and legs to work together.
-"I can officially drive my walker car around!" I got my first drivers license; well actually it's an identification card, but I like to call it my "drivers license" regardless of what M&D say. The lady thought I took the perfect picture, especially for being a license pic!
-"Dadadadad, mamamamama!" I finally figured out how to say mama and of course Mommy was soo excited.
-"The leaning tower of Jacob!" I love to stand and play with my toys. Occasionally I get a little unbalanced (and distracted), but can usually get myself balanced again and back to where I want to be.
-"Blah, blah, blah, bababa, gaga, dadad!" I'm a never ending talking machine! At both my classes I go to everybody knows who I am, probably because I love to talk and laugh during the whole class!
-"Milk, more, eat, all done....." M&D are constantly doing weird gestures when they say certain words and I'm slowly starting to put all this signing stuff together. We started our signing class and wouldn't you know it I'm the biggest and talked the whole time.
-"Get the light, get the light!" Mom always insist that I turn the light on and then shut the light off in my room. I've gotten pretty good at it and can usually get my fist over the switch and hit it.
-"Round and round!" Mommy starting turning the fan on in my room again and I absolutely love watching it go around. Such a simple, yet entertaining thing that thing is that hangs from the ceiling.
-"Blow out!" Yep, I've had some blow outs this week! Ever since I started my antibiotic last week, I've had some pretty full diapers. Thankfully I just finished them the other day and am back to normal. Daddy had his welcome to daddyhood moment when I had a blow out and it went everywhere, so Mommy cleaned me up and then into the bath I went. Maybe I should do that more often just so I could play in the water.
-"Such a good eater!" I love food! I eat 1 container (2nd foods) at breakfast and lunch, and for supper I have 2 containers (1 fruit, 1 veggie).
-"Up, up and away!" The balloon I gave my Mom has become one of my favorite toys. I love biting on the plastic thing that holds it down and when I can get a hold of the balloon I just laugh like crazy.
-"Razzzzzzz!" The raptor is back! I'm back to making my dino noises and sometimes when I get going, I just can't control my excitement and go crazy with them!
-"Kiss, kiss!" I absolutely love to give my Mommy drooly and gummy kisses all day long!
-"Raspberries!" I am training to be a professional raspberry blower!
-"No need for an alarm when you have me!" I've starting waking up early (7ish) and Mommy usually gets me up around 7:30ish. My naps have shorten up a bit too; at most I'll nap 2 hrs. I'm a very energetic little boy, who doesn't need a whole lot of sleep!
-"Happy as can be!" M&D are convinced I'm one of the happiest babies ever! I love to laugh and flash my Gerber smile.
-"A spittin' image!" Everybody is always commenting on how I look exactly like my Daddy. Even people who just see pics of us, always insist on telling my Mommy, "Oh, he looks like his Daddy!"
-"Peek-a-boo....I see you!" I love to play peek-a-boo and love to hide from Mommy and then pull the blanket down to see her.

*My signs so far (1st week of class 7 months old, started some at 6 months though):
-Milk -Eat -Drink -Bye, Bye -All Done -More
-Cracker -Mommy -Daddy -Please -Thirsty -Book
-Hot -Bubbles -Apple -Carrot -Bananas -Cereal
-Thank you -Hungry -Cookie -Cold -Bib -Orange
-Peas -Ice Cream -Sleep -Play -Grapes

*M&D are leaving me this Friday to go on a cruise. Gma & Gpa McBride will be here to take care of me for a week! I can't wait to have some great quality time with them and remind them why you have kids when you're young!

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."-Psalm 118:24

No comments: