Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On the move & 33 wk highlights!

I'm on the move!!! Yesterday I started to CRAWL. My belly is still on the ground, but there's no stopping me with my arms and legs going like crazy and getting me to where I want to go (and getting me there very fast in it's hard wood). Every morning when M&D come to get me up, they find me crawling and rolling around in my crib. Not only am I crawling everywhere now, I'm also getting into everything! Here's just a few other things I've been up to this past week:

33 week highlights:
-Anytime GG would show me a picture of M&D I would (and still do) go absolutely crazy laughing and smiling. I love to kiss and feel the picture too.
-Anytime I'm in my car, watch out! I'm all over the place and into everything. I especially love to grab onto the push pole of my other car and chew on it.
-I'm getting stronger each day and am working so hard to crawl. I manage to get my butt up into the air and really try to push off with everything I have. It won't be long and I will figure this crawling thing out (and a couple days later he was crawling).
-Just call me the hugging and kissing machine. I love to give sloppy kisses on the cheeks and nose.
-I finally get to ride in the wagon like a big boy and I no longer have to sit in the bebe seat. I love going for wagon rides and especially like it when Daddy goes fast and makes truck noises.
-Grandpa hung my swing out back and although I didn't know what to think of it at first, I now love it!
-GG took me to baby sign this past week. It was all about bath time, which was so much fun because I love water! I got to play with a baby in the bath tub and had so much fun splashing the baby and bath toys in the water.
-GG also took me to Little Gym. We played with scarfs, bells, the rocker, and the bars. I practiced crawling and standing too. I know GG had a blast taking care of me and taking me to all my little activities.
-This week I started actually taking steps when Mommy is holding under my arms. It looks as though I'm really trying to walk.
-Anytime I'm in my high chair and have a toy in hand, it usually makes it way over the edge and onto the floor; where I now actually look for it.
-Mommy plays the 1-2-3 game with me and I start smiling the instant we hit 2! The 1-2-3 game is a counting game where Mommy holds me and rocks forward saying "1" and then back, then forward again saying "2" and then back, then forward again saying "3" and we take off running. I can't wait until I get to get down and run with her.
-I also love to play "Boo!" Mommy will hide behind something and then peek around/jump out and say "Boo!" I go nuts and start laughing like crazy. If its towards the end of the day and I really don't want her to leave me, I will get very sad when she leaves, but the instant she appears I'm all smiles!
-I tried my sippy cup with a straw for the first time this week. I don't quite understand what to do with the straw, but enjoy chewing on it.
-Anytime I'm laying on my back I bring my toes up to my mouth and suck on them. Daddy can't believe how flexible I am.
-In my Baby Can Read series I started vol 3. M&D constantly do my flash cards and book with me, of which I love to get a hold of and chew on. Mommy likes to make me crawl to get them from her. I love to watch my videos and go nuts the instant the feet and music start.
-Mommy insist on opening all the pop ups on my pop up toy; however I insist they be shut and will shut them very fast the instant she opens them. She also uses toy to get me to crawl to her.
-Daddy and I waited at the finish line while Mommy ran in the Race for the helmet, St. Patty's Day, 7K run. I was all dressed up in my green and got lots of compliments on my neat St. Patty's hat and how cute I was! Mommy ran fast and I did great the whole time for Daddy! A lady even ask to take my picture for the paper!
-My tongue is constantly out if I'm working to do something, such as crawling or trying to get to something.
-I'm in need of a second hair cut already. My blonde hair is growing over my ears!
-I'm finally starting to put together when my M&D are making gestures and say certain words, it actually means something! So I'm slowly starting to understand sign.
-I no longer want to sit in my bebe chair and if you don't strap me in, I will crawl out of it.
-When M&D finally came back from their cruise, I really didn't know what to think when they walked through the door. I stared at them and when Mommy picked me up to give me a big hug, I kept feeling her face and wasn't quite sure it was actually her. Once I figured out it was really my Mom, I snuggled my head in head into her shoulder and gave her a big hug. I did the same with Daddy and once I figured out who they were, I was all smiles and happy they came home.

*Today I'm celebrating my 1st St. Patrick's Day! Mommy was trying to take a picture of me and my cute outfit, however I made it difficult for her since now I can go about anywhere I want now!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


A couple pics of what I've been up to this past wk:


Me & the baby playing in the tub


Me and Gma at Little Gym


In the rocker at Little Gym


At St. Patty's Day 7K run


I'm A McCutie


Mommy and I at the finish line


After Mommy's run by the big red fire truck


Utilizing all my toys


My new best friend


Sippy cup with straw


Having fun in my swing


Being goofy in the morning


Me riding in the wagon like a big boy

Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! -Psalm 32:11

No comments: