Sunday, February 27, 2011

"It's time for bed rest!"

The thoughts just kept racing through my head as the dr and I talked on Friday. Bed rest?! Oh with a little one is this even possible? Oh how do I tell Adam? And the thoughts just continued to just keeping rattling in my head. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but had a feeling this is what was headed our way.


So Friday resulted in a lot more drama for me than I was expecting. I expected to go in for my appointment just like normal and have the fetal fibronectin (ff) test done and get my other steroid shot. As the dr goes to do the ff test, I hear her say, "Oh that's not good." She was referring to the point that my cervix is bleeding on the outside, which in turn will throw off the results of the test. So unfortunately she wasn't able to run the test to see if I could possibly go into labor these next couple weeks (this has been our little insurance policy). She did however check me and thankfully nothing had changed too much in regards to me being dilated.


The dr and I then talked about how the medicine she gave me to stop contractions didn't really help the previous evening/night. It was from there that she then informed me that it's time for me to be on bed rest (as much as possible). We're really trying to make it to 34 weeks and hopefully me taking it really easy will help baby stay put just a little longer. Luckily I've had the steroid shots to help the baby mature a little faster and she said babies born early (when the mom has had those shots) tend to do a lot better in the nursery.


Unfortunately this news means that Adam won't be able to make the trip to his parents this week like we had planned. It also means we're now having to find someone that can help out around the house and with the Tike a couple days a week. This also leaves us with one of the hardest things I have to do, which is to be lazy! It's hard for a busy mom and wife to just sit down and relax, but lazy I'll be if it means baby can have one more week (or even a day) growing inside of me. So for now we stay put and wait (let's hope NBC will do the same for us).


Through all of this I just try to be as positive as possible. I'm thankful that baby seems to be growing and developing really well. I'm thankful that this is all natural things that are occurring; my body is truly just getting ready to have this baby (mother nature is trumping everything right now). I'm thankful that Adam can help me out so much with Jr and that we can afford a sitter/nanny to help us when needed. But most of all I'm thankful that I'm about to be blessed with another bundle of joy!
... "Some people talk about finding God - as if He could get lost." ~ Unknown

No comments: