Monday, September 6, 2010

Breaking News about NBC:)






God is amazing!!! Seriously, I can't even begin to say how thankful I am for this child that is being formed inside of me. I'm so happy to say I'm going to be the MOMMY to 2 this coming spring:) YAY!

I've blessed beyond belief and can't stop thanking God for this second child! I can't stop beaming inside and out. Not only is my belly growing, but so is my heart. August 27th was suppose to be a typical day that came and went, however God had other plans for the Carriker family. I'd not been feeling very well for a couple weeks and thought my body was having a hard time adjusting its hormones, so I scheduled an appt to see a dr. So Friday morning I figured I better take a pregnancy test since I'd not been feeling good and figured the dr would ask if I was pregnant and I wanted to be able to tell her, "No, I'm not pregnant I took a test." The test however didn't display what I thought I was going to see. After taking the dog out, I came back to check the test and to my amazement I saw this:



I about fell over in what the word said......PREGNANT!!! Seriously?! This is so amazing! What a perfect surprise from God! Oh, how our lives are never going to be the same! I stood there amazed at what the test said.......never would I have thought this would be possible, but one more test later after basketball practice reassured me that this dr visit was going to be more than I was expecting.



How am I going to tell Adam, is the next thing that came to my mind. I thought it would be fun to put Jr in a BIG BROTHER shirt and take some pics and put a lil note together for Adam that said....."Surprise.......I'm going to be a big brother!" In the end this is what we ended up emailing family and close friends to spread the great news about New Baby Carriker! Adam was gone at a pre-season game verse the Jets and didn't get home until early Saturday morning, so I decided to wait until Saturday afternoon to break the news to him. I was going nuts inside trying not to smile to much or say something that would bring up more questions about the dr visit. Nonetheless, my plan worked perfectly and Adam was super excited when he put it all together!

Thus far everything is going pretty well, I've switched my dr to a woman I feel a lot more comfortable with (so I've already had 2 visits and now 2 different blood drawings). I go in tomorrow for another blood draw. Their hoping to take all the blood work from the past 3 drawings and see just how far along I am since I just stop breastfeeding in July and they're not sure of an exact due date. All we know right now is that NBC should be here by the beginning of May! I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound Sept 24th to measure the baby, which should give us the best indicator of how far along I am. Nonetheless, we're super, super, super excited about this blessing and can't wait to watch our family grow by another 2 feet:)

"Shout to God with cries of joy." -Psalm 47

No comments: